Friday, July 8, 2011

Beauty tip: May I recommend some make-up products?


I don't usually wear full make up on a daily basis, but one thing I can't go out without is MASCARA! You can never see me without mascara if I'm out. Through this post I would want to share with you some products that I have been using for at least over a year now. I think they are the BEST products out there (at least I think they are), they worked for me, so it might work for you as well. Before listing the products I would want to tell you a little about my facial skin texture because some products that have worked for me might not work for other skin textures. So my skin colour is fair (not dark not pale), it tends to be oily in the T-zone(forehead and nose) yet a bit dryer on the cheeks area.

1) So before applying my make-up i usually wash my face and apply a moisturiser (oil-free moisture for combination skin by Neutrogena).
2) If you have any blemish marks like me, I like to use (Erase paste by Benefit, No.2 medium), I just put a very very small amount on the swob provided with the product then apply it over each mark. I did a review on this product before click here to read.
3) I rarely put foundation on my face, but if I did I would only apply a little amount on my cheeks because I really don't like the feeling of having a foundation layer on my face therefore I try to put as little as I could, and I use a shade that is darker than my natural skin colour just to have a tan colour tint. I apply t on my cheeks and blend it upwards, towards the nose then towards the chin (non-fiction by benefit, volume 8).
4) I then apply mascara first thing after foundation to allow it to dry, and I do mascara before applying eye shadow so I can erase any mascara mark on my eye lids (Volume clubbing, ultra black by BOURJOIS) this is the best mascara I have ever used!! it thickens the eye lash, makes it look longer and gives it volume! I've been using this for over 6 years now and I don't think that I would switch to another any time soon. Before I discovered this mascara, I used to get (Hypnose by Lancome) this is another great product, but I prefer the other one.
5) I use both liquid and pencil eye liners. Pencil (Le crayon kohl, noir by CHANEL) on the water line, and liquid (Sabaya liquid eye liner 01 by Mikyajy) on the top of my upper eye lashes. Nothing really special about these eye liners, there might be even better ones in the market, but I continued using these because they were okay.
6) I do use a lot of different eye shadows colours, but for day to day basis I like using natural tones of brownish colours. I use 3 tones: dark brown, tan then beige, I like the tone dark on the eye lids and lighter till the way up to my eye brows (Coco brown, Mingle and pale wheat by Elizabeth Arden).
7) For the blush, I either use a tint blush (benetint by Benefit) if I'm not wearing foundation, but if I am I like to use a powder blush (Coralista by Benefit). The tint is one of my favourite products, you can get a tanned sun burned look even when you're not wearing any make-up at all. The powder blush that I use can also be worn alone, the powder colour gives a natural look.
8) Highlighting your eye brows will really change the way you look! Some people use a pencil to highlight them, but I like using a black or brown eye shadow with a brush to do that. It doesn't matter which eye shadow brand you want to use on your eye brows; what really matter is the brush you're using. As for me I've been using the brush (M.A.C 208).
9) Lips! depending on my make-up, I would either wear lipstick or just look natural wearing just lip gloss. My favourite lipsticks are (Chatterbox by M.A.C) which is a very cute pinkish tone & (GWEN 69 by Guerlain) which is a rich dark red tone. But if I'm going for a more natural look, I would use (Extreme lip injection by Too Faced) this is supposed to plump your lips, although I've been using this product for years now, I'm not really sure if it really does plump your lips! But what I really like about this product is the tingly feeling you get after you apply it, and I'm guessing that the tingle makes your lips feel weird that you'll just move your lips quite differently, and that's what makes your lips look a bit bigger!

These are my favourite make-up products! If you have a product that you think is great; please leave a comment about it! I would really appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment